this woman's work placeholder

Monday, September 30, 2024

How can I support my anxious child while also addressing their behavior?


In today's episode, we tackle a common but complex question: "How can I support my anxious child while also addressing their inappropriate behavior?" Using a real-life example of a parent dealing with their 10-year-old's morning meltdowns before school, I explore some of the root causes of school refusal, the importance of ensuring a supportive environment, and strategies for managing anxiety and inappropriate behavior. From assessing whether the issue could be due to a poor school fit, separation anxiety, or lack of sleep, to planning and setting boundaries, I offer comprehensive advice on creating a balanced approach that supports both the child's emotional needs and your behavioral expectations. 

Also here's a link to the podcast I mention about manipulation:

Episode 95: How do I know if my anxious child is just being manipulative?


Check out this episode!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home